Taking a break from happy thoughts of gardens and flowers, Backyard Bounty is doing what we can so that our team and clients can remain safe. Our crews are following these guidelines:
- Social-distancing; we are lucky that we work outside and seldom come into direct contact with others. We follow CDC social-distancing guidelines. Crews are not allowed to enter clients’ homes under any circumstance and we maintain what we call “seis pies” at all times. We ask our clients’ help in adhering to these practices. We love our clients and want them to talk to our foremen and crews but ask that they stay at least six feet away from our team
- Transportation; we limit each truck to two people and trucks remain with the same crew from day to day. All team members either drive to work or get a ride from another team member so they do not need to use public transportation
- Face masks; masks are provided for all team members and are to be worn any time proper social-distancing is not feasible (e.g. lunch pickup’s)
- Regulations: we are officially sanctioned as an essential business by the State of Maryland and all trucks carry documentation to that effect
- Scheduling; we have moved to a 4-day work week in order to help “flatten the curve”. The makeup of each crew is constant from day to day
- Cleaning; tools, trucks and hands are cleaned regularly
For our design team, thankfully much of their work can be done remotely. We look forward to returning to the days where we can have a cup of tea with you on your porch but, in the meantime, we are doing solo visits for measurements and photos and then a lot of Zoom meetings.
Be sure to wave at us when we’re there!
Stay safe, take care of those around you, and go out in your garden.